Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Wonderful Hair Week

I have to say that this past week was a wonderful hair week. I thank God for giving me the boldness to accept the way He has made my hair. I am glad that I am not ashamed anymore of my hair and that I can wear it freely. I wore my twist out last week. It looked so wonderful. I had to take a few extra stops to look at myself and say, "Wow, I look great!" I haven't felt so pretty in a while. A lady stopped me in a parking lot just to say how wonderful I look with my hair. She told me she is a photographer. She asked could I come in so she could take pictures of me and use me in her portfolio. I was encouraged by seeing there are people of all colors who can appreciate natural beauty. I also came across a new nappy and a lady who is transitioning to the natural hair lifestyle. I was happy that my hair was able to help and encourage them to continue the journey. If there was one thing I could say to my black sisters, It would be to let go and be free. You stand out more when you are true to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment